Thursday, January 21, 2010

Happy Heart-day to my main cog...

So what do you give your Sweetie when he's already got it all (he has you after all, doesn't he?) You give him work to do, little jobs around the house. This is a pricless gift; a stroking of the ego, if you will. Letting him know how valuable he is to you, is, in a word, invaluable. Reminding him that he's the main cog in the machine that is your home is worth your weight in gold (which, in my case, wouldn't be such a bad deal!!). Plus, its nice to put your feet up and watch him push the vacuum around once in awhile, right?! So here's what I'm giving my other half for the big day. I know, I know, its not really that romantic...from my perspective, that is. But think about it from his. Here's a sample "Honey-Do" list, complete with translations:

1. Unclog drain in bathroom
My Point of View - Gross, disgusting, YUCK!
His Point of View - I'm a man; I can fix anything = Hero
2. Cut the Grass
My Point of View - Boooring!
His Point of View - I'm a man; I'm the only one who can nurse these emerald blades to their ever deserving glory = Hero
3. Chop firewood
My Point of View - I want to be toasty, cozy warm, not sweaty!
His Point of View - I'm not only a man, I'm a stong man = Hero

So for Valentine's Day this year, I'm going to make my guy feel like a hero, by giving him as many jobs as I can think of! Just think of the satisfaction and sense of accomplishment he'll feel everytime he can cross one off the list. And don't worry, you're not limited to stereotypical "man" jobs either. Check it out:

Men LOVE to do housework - its the whole "anything you can do, I can do better" syndrome. I say, go to it! He probably can do it better! And faster! No kidding, he'll have the house spotless and be back out there, beer in hand, admiring his lush, green masterpiece and patting himself on the back in no time flat! My hero!!!

**Disclaimer** All above content intended for comic relief. What...you don't think I'm funny? I think I'm funny. Maybe that's the problem, I'm the only one who thinks I'm funny.








1 comment:

Greenmount Bookkeeping & Payroll Services said...

lol...I'm in desperate need of one of those for my "honey"!! And I know exactly where I'll place it....on the front windshield of "his love"...you know...that hunk of metal that's taking up wayyyy too much room in my garage!!