Sunday, March 7, 2010

Finally, A New Class!!!

Okay, kids, here it is!  Wow, this mini book has really had me pulling my hair out!  I've put it together, torn it apart, re-designed and re-assembled it many times over, but I'm finally happy with it, so I hope you like it too.  If you're like me, you've got lots of pictures from your Olympic experiences, and this little book is designed to showcase your faves. 

Having the Olympics in our backyard was such an amazing experince, there was so much to see and do, even if you didn't have tickets to any of the events.  We just wandered around down town and had a great ime.  Luckily, the weather for us was gorgeous, though it didn't seem to matter, once you got downtown, the fever spread rapidly!

So this class will be held in the beginning of April, more specifically, April 3rd.  There are a couple reasons behind this.  First, the IA meeting is scheduled for Saturday, March the 20th, and the next weekend is out because my awesome baby crumper, Chloe, is in a competition that Saturday night (whoo hoo, go Chloe!!!)  Plus, I need to order the paper for this project, so I'll need to have sign up complete by the 20th, so I know how much I'll have to order, and to make sure it gets here on time.  Please keep in mind, I don't think you'll be able to whip this book off in a couple hours - you can count on a full evening, but I'm sure you'll be happy with the end product!  Cost of the class is $25, and there are only eight spots available, so if you're interested, please let me know right away, either by email (cnhird@shaw.ca) or post a comment.

I've also had a couple request for a crop night here, at my place.  I'm totally open to this, and thought we'd give it a try.  I'll run it just the same as any other crop night the LSS offer.  The Crop Fee will be $7, which will give you access to all my tools (Big Shot, Revolution, Cricut, etc.), in addition to consumables, such as ink pads, cricut mats, embossing powders, etc., and a door prize ticket.  I can accomodate 12 comfortably, so we'll cap it there.  If you bring something to share (an appy, dessert, etc.) you'll receive an extra doorprize ticket.  Our first Crop Night will be on Saturday, April 10th, 7pm - 12am.  Again, just email or post to sign up!

So now that the Olympic book is completed and off the table, I am starting to work on a beautiful spring project, I'm very excited about it.  And hopefully, it'll be completed before the summer (LOL!!  Joking!!!) 

Have a great day everyone!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are amazing!
Congratulations to Cloe and the proud family. I am so glad your Olympic experience was a wonderful, proud, and memorable one.

Anonymous said...

I'd be up for the crop night, as long as Doug doesn't have ball and I'm all set for the birthday party the next day.